
Happy Valentines Day!
I had a wonderful bout with the 24-hour flu bug on Saturday, and so spent Sunday and the first part of yesterday recuperating at my friend's the Reeves house. Amber came over and made some amazing chocolate dipped strawberries for a bake sale at her church for Sunday.
I was very proud of myself for not snitching, but it was TEMPTING!
Kyle drove up on Monday and took me to Waterfront where we exchanged gifts. His was amazingly arranged and wrapped and presented with a flourish and a story.
Mine was, 'quick, close your eyes honey!" while I put it in his outstretched hands; no wrap. Ok lame but I had been sick all weekend!I had been working on a cross-stitch for him since before Christmas: it was supposed to be his Christmas gift but I hadn't finished it in time, then it was going to be his birthday gift but it still wasn't done. I was determined to have it ready by Valentines day and got it finished literally an hour before he showed up. lol.

His gift for me was a gift basket: A Celtic grooves CD I had been wanting for some time (years, actually. I could have gotten it for myself however whenever I had spending money I never thought to actually get it), homemade goat-milk soap, lotion, and a sugar scrub (no he didn't make it himself. There is a quaint little shop in his hometown where he was able to buy it) And then there were of course chocolates, all inside a heart-shaped cardboard box with sparkly red tissue paper.

Then we went to get our very good friend Amber (read about her here). We weren't sure what her schedule was going to be, but when we picked her up we all decided that we were in the mood for lunch. Olive Garden was/is having a sweet deal of appetizer, entree and desert for $12 so we decided to go there for lunch.

Our waitress was a hoot and a half. I just snacked off of both of their actual meals as I wasn't quite ready to enter into the world of full meals yet. I did have their chicken and gnocci soup and it was A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!
Amber had to go babysit for a few hours, so Kyle and I were able to hang out and catch up for a while :) Then Amber came back and Kyle asked if we wanted some dairy queen. While he was picking up the ice cream he picked up a bouquet of flowers and some of my favorite chocolates for the morning :-)


Amber was able to show him how to arrange them before I noticed what was up, and the next morning when he delivered breakfast for Amber and I from Panera, he also delivered the flowers, chocolate, and the cute eskimo card I posted a picture of above. :-)
So then he had breakfast with us and pumped up Amber's tire to her car which has a leak in it before seeing us on our way to class. :-)It was his first time giving a girl Valentines day (although we did hang out last Valentine's day but weren't dating yet) and he seemed to start out nervous but he did AWESOME. As a result, he got himself one happy girlfriend... and a very happy best-friend-of-the-girlfriend as well :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment