Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Green tea, allergies and new jeans




Thank God, I'm now officially on full-blown Summer Break!!!
Am a little more north before I head west (before heading faaaar East) and have been enjoying cleaning for an elderly friend and buying a camera with the proceeds from that helpingness (yeah no points for a good deed there, as I got paid. But that's okay. I'll take the camera and you can have your 'good deed' points)
I LOVE Chinese food, and joyfully so does my extended family, so we've been drinking enough green tea to float a boat to China, and enjoying the sweet-and-sour-shrimp and crab rangoon. :-)

Moving out of the dorms was interesting, as I and my room mate thought on Saturday we had all day to pack and clean the room. So at about 10:45 AM we decided we should probably start thinking about working. At 10:55 we met an RL (Resident Leader) who informed us we had until 11:30 to get the room completely ready for inspection as the housing office closed at 12 on Saturdays.
ACK!
So my room mate and I, our friend/hall mate Nicole and her younger sister began a tornado-resembling frenzy to get everything out of the room and into the hall before sweeping, mopping, and clorox-wiping the room before the RL could inspect it. We made it, but just barely.
So got everything turned in, that was great. Then my room mate enlisted her guy-friend to help her move her stuff to the storage unit or her car and dissapeared, and I found myself suddenly alone on the seemingly abandoned hall, cleaning out my small refridgerator that had decided to defrost and leak all over the floor.
It was a little refreshing yet bizzarre to be alone on the hall. Most girls had had a couple people to help them finish their cleaning and packing, and it hit me that once again I was ALONE doing stuff. I didn't neccessarily MIND it, I just thought it was humerous. So I unpacked my CD player and turned on some Gypsy praise and worship music while I finished the fridge and then moved all my stuff into storage.
Nicole reappeared with her grandma and mom, so I hung out with them for the rest of the afternoon before heading to work for the final time this semester.
Work was DEAD. If a tumbleweed had blown by, we would have felt it completely appropriate. Almost everyone had left campus by that point, and we felt like we were in Baptist-land-ghost-town.
Got off at 8 and went to my friend's Samantha and Andrei's where we watched a movie, ate pizza and went to bed rather late.
Went to church with them, then my Uncle and Grandpa drove into town, and we went to my favorite Chinese place (favorite because it's CHEAP). Uncle and Andrei hit it off and began talking about Eastern European economics (Andrei is from Romania) and whether one should work for a strictly-Christian business and how that relates to John Calvin and the Sovereignty of Scripture.
Samantha, Grandpa and I talked about Bee's and high school system in Ohio. Which was very interesting, but in a different way ;-)
So I am currently being updated on extended famililial statuses, working, discovering my new camera's bells and whistles, finalizing stuffs for Romania, and getting ready to head home for my sister's graduation.
Fun times, but still rather busy.
So anyhoo. There's the latest update. Hope it made sense, am a little tired.

Cheers for now,

~Princess Ouch~



me and my cousin

No comments:

Post a Comment