
I was working on a book report this afternoon when my friend from Debrecen, Hungary, got online. We haven't chatted in a while, so it was nice to catch up with her and hear how things were going. She is working on her Ph.D in Medical Research, and just finished an article on her research on B-caroten and it's effects on skin diseases such as Eczema. We then engaged in a long conversation about extracting DNA from biopsy samples from Germany and whether it is possible to find one's future spouse while reconstructing DNA patterns or if one should wait to find one's spouse in the cute guy at Bible study. (okay so we are interested in science but still girls. Give us a break)
She had to go and I had to go get lunch. I bumped into my other friend who is a fellow Missions Major and who is trying to figure out her life - or rather the next year of her life, as am I.

We decided that Carrots are the answer to everything.
Now this makes sense, because carrots have B-caroten in them. B-caroten helps your skin not suffer from diseases like eczema, and if one's skin is looking great, then one feels better about things, and if one feels better about things, then life is much easier. And we all know that the American dream is having an easy life with lots of money. Therefore, carrots are half the answer to living the American dream, and if the glass is always half-full, then you're pretty much there.
Thus carrots are life's answer to everything.
I'm sure that to any guys who are reading this it makes no sense whatsoever. That's okay, to be honest I really don't care.
I've been in my room all day working on a book report for the book Psychobabble by Richard Ganz, it's a cloudy day, and I've just been generally out of it for the last few days. I have a group project due on Monday that I will be mostly winging it on, and therefore I should not be expected to make any sense on anything right now.
Just accept the fact that Carrots are life's answer to everything. Between me, a brilliant Hungarian almost-Ph.D, my room mate, and fellow missions major have jointly come to that conclusion.
Although I don't think the other three girls realized they were helping me come to that conclusion when we were having those conversations...
So yeah. If you don't like carrots, you can substitue red Papaya instead, as it has B-caroten in it also.
Cheers,
~Princess Ouch~
Is this who I think it is?? I have marked your blog to follow. How great to see you!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete