Well I am in Romania finally. :-) I can't write long as I am on the computer of the main office of the Orphanage I volunteered at a few years ago. It's nice to see old friends and familiar places - I lived here for six months a few years ago - but also wierd. All the kids that were at the orphanage have been adopted, and due to some problems with the building they are waiting for funding to remodel before they take more kids into the orphanage. But it's good.
Hopefully this evening I will be able to write more, as I have some interesting stories I want to share, and have taken some amazing pictures. :-)
It's been a little hard as my brain caught on to thinking in Hungarian very quickly, and now I have to switch gears and start thinking in Romanian. My best friend here - Ramona - speaks English very fluently, so I don't like talking Romanian around her very much because she corrects my grammar all the time and prefers to speak in English. But she and I met a friend at McDonald's last night (which costs an arm and a leg here btw, but at least we know the food is good) and she had to step out for a minute and I was able to translate for our friend as he was waiting to order. He's an international student at the Medical university, and the international classes are all in English, so a lot of times its harder for the international stuents to learn Romanian as they are studying and working in an English environment. Anyway it was cool that I was able to help him out linguistically. I think Universities are a really overlooked mission field that could yeild some amazing fruits for the Gospel. Ohhhh... the harvest is so ready. Where are the workers!!!!
I will be in Ordea until Thursday. Ramona is going to help me translate a book my mom gave me before I left that has the whole Bible and Gospel story in a children's book with beautiful pictures. The Gypsy kids speak Romanian, so Ramona is going to help me translate enough of the book for me to be able to lead a VBS for the kids. So we'll see how that goes.
Again, sorry if my language/grammar/choice of wording is wierd. My brain has been going through language over-drive. :-) And I'm not entirely over jetlag yet. :-D
Dana the social worker is writing reports for the Romanian government of the kids they have put in foster care, so I must yeild the computer to her now.
God bless,
¬PrincessOuch¬
No comments:
Post a Comment