Yesterday was GORGEOUS weather, but I wasn't able to spend as much time outside as I wanted to. This was due to the fact that I was having a sort of "Visiting Romania while not in Romania" day - that is, going to church with my Romanian friend Andrei and his wife and gorgeous baby, then after having lunch with them having very nice conversations with my friend Ramona and Corina.
So after going to a praise and worship meeting here on campus (which has been creatively entitled "The Sing Thing") I wanted to walk around outside. My friend Laura also wanted to walk around outside. The great thing was it was raining lightly and we still both wanted to walk around outside!
So we went and sat on a hill overlooking the city and shared what was going on. We hadn't really had a lot of opportunities to hang out and catch up since the semester started. It was awesome because we've both kind of been going through the same thing this week emotionally and spiritually, so we took turns laughing and crying and sharing what God is teaching us.
We started to get cold so I suggested we run inside and get some blankets. On our way inside and outside, we discovered that we both had an impulsive desire to simply camp outside for the night.
"Dude, that would be so AWESOME!" Laura exclaimed, "Well until Security found us and wondered what on earth we were doing!"
"Yeah... and we'd wake up all sore and stiff and covered in dew..."
but we both decided that it would be worth it.
No we didn't actually end up spending the entire night outside... but we did make it until 11:30 pm :-)
And we discovered that one of the branches looks like a duck flying if you look at it at just the right angle.
I wish we could actually go camping, but between our class and work schedules, and our lack of camping equipment, I highly doubt that wish will become a reality in the near future.
Alright must run to class now.
~Princess Ouch~
No comments:
Post a Comment